Manually Upgrade HTC Wildfire to Android 2.3 (Cyanogenmod)-Complete Guide
So right here we go, follow the steps below and you would have Android 2.3 Cyanogenmod Rom on your phone running in less than 10 minutes.
- Download the Latest Version of Cyanogenmod Rom by clicking here.
- It is currently the Cyanogenmod rom V7.1.
- Once you have finished download the Rom, you would need to copy the folder update.zip and place it on the root of the SD Card of your Phone. You can do that by simply attaching your phone to your system and copy + paste the update.zip folder to the root of SD Card.
- Boot your Device into Clockworkmod Recovery, Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
- Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
- Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the CyanogenMod update.zip.
- Once the installation has finished, select “Go Back” to get back to the main menu, and select the Reboot system now option. The HTC Wildfire should now boot into CyanogenMod.
If you find any issues following the procedure you can let us know below in comments and we would try explaining it in detail.
About the Author
Khawaja Ali is the author of this blog he is 18 year old white hat hacker, web-designer and a young programmer currently living in Khushab and studing in Punjab College Jauharabad.He love to help others thats why running this blog.Thanks for visiting here.